Thursday, March 12, 2009

Spanish Conversations and other Confusing Things

Standing in the bathroom, washing my face, I here conversations from the couple downstairs. Entire conversations. Now, if only I understood spanish. Then I'd know all the secrets.

My roomate does know spanish. And lucky her, her room sits right above their bedroom. Sometimes she laughs and I ask what? and she just says they said something funny downstairs. Sometimes she comes out of her room so as to give them "privacy" while they have conversations she doesn't want to know about.

I love my house. And my roomates.

I have a lot of things I love and am grateful for. Here have been a few in from the past week.

Burnt grilled cheese. It's better a little black.

Peanut M&M's.

Friends that ask you to do stuff in the middle of the week just because.

SUNSHINE!

My German Professor telling me I'm ready to get married because I can make good banana bread. Haha! Last week he asked me if I had a boyfriend and when I said no he said, "Good. You have lots of time to do your homework." What am I supposed to do? He's giving me conflicting advice.

Friends who cheer me up and support me no matter what.

The thick Boston accent from a guy in my class. I wish I had one so people believe me when I tell them I grew up there.

My roomate's new fish, Gypsy. She's already become quite attached to this beautiful Beta and I have to admit, so have I.


This semester has not been the best school-wise and I still don't have a job, but I think I've been happier this semester than any. I just feel so blessed, like all of these things are given to me just to make me smile. Some days I wonder what I did to deserve such a great life.

No comments: