This past winter term I took marriage prep. No, I'm not looking to get married anytime soon, but it was Dr. Barlow's last semester teaching. I loved the class, it was great and Professor Barlow professed a lot of great things.
One thing that he told us, was most boys at BYU prefer girls with long hair. Well, with that in mind, I'm stickin' it to the men at BYU! I have joined the short hair club and I like it.
I don't understand why men want women with long hair. They are just asking for high maintenance girls and then they complain when they take so long to get ready. Not all girls can wear short hair and I feel for those who can't....Actually, anyone really can, if they are confident enough, it doesn't matter. Don't boys want confident girls? Don't boys want practical girls? Short hair is practical.
Here are some reasons short hair is great
1. When my hair is wet, the back and shoulders of my shirt aren't soaked through.
2. It takes about the 3rd of the time to blow dry and then doing it takes about and 8th of the time.
3. I can wear cool earings and you can actually see them!
4. I will pay less for shampoo and conditioner.
5. When I lay down, my head doesn't hurt. I don't have that uncomfortable bump that I used to have with my ponytail. It's much more comfortable going to bed.
6. I won't have hair elastics around my wrist. I can actually wear a bracelet! Now I can get rid of the tan line I've developed from always having one or two around my wrist.
7. People will like me for me and not for my hair. (I don't know if that was a problem before, but now I'm 100% positive it isn't a problem now)
8. When I get a drink from a drinking fountain, I don't have to hold my hair.
9. Babies can't pull my hair
10. The back of my neck won't be all sweaty (maybe that was too much info, but you get the point: short is better!)
I mean no offense to any long-haired girls. I think long hair is beautiful, but it's a pain. I'll leave you with proof that short hair can be beautiful...okay, beautiful women can look beautiful with short hair.