Thursday, July 9, 2009

Highlight of this week (before going home of course)

For work I had to deliver something to a physics professor and I stood around waiting for him for half an hour. I knew he had a meeting at 3 so I headed down to the room where the meeting was supposed to be. It was 3 o'clock and no one was there. Then a couple of guys came and looked in the room. I could over hear them talking. "Do we have group meeting today?" "Maybe they forgot like last week."

I went over and asked them if they knew where the professor was. They thought they had seen him downstairs in the lab. I sat and listened as they talked about whether or not the professor remembered they had a meeting. They were quick and funny and obviously smart and pretty nerdy/geeky guys.

They offered to show me where the lab was. As we were walking towards it, some of their friends met us at the top of the stairs. One of them said "Chicks dig physicists." I think it was in reference to one of the guys shirts - but it was really random, and I don't think he had noticed I was there yet. The group told us the professor was on his way and I could wait for him - but not before I heard more of their funny, nerdy, jokes and jabs. As I was standing there listening, I realized the geekiest one of all - the one that blurted out that "Chicks dig physicists" - was staring at me. I noticed it and then looked back to see if it was true - yep, still staring. Not that really creepy kind of stare, it was more like he was staring in astonishment. I had to hold in a laugh. It was like he had never seen a girl before. It was kinda cute.

I walked away thinking I had met some of the coolest guys (in their own way). They obviously loved physics and lived in the lab, but they were funny and friendly.

It reminded me of the movie Sydney White. That movie reference is for my sister and I'm slightly embarrassed to be sharing it with the rest of the world, but..... I'm Danielle and I'm a dork! haha - that's a movie reference.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

did you ever find your professor?

i decided to just put my blog back up (different address). i've given up on the design of it for a little while. i'll figure something out later. i have a goal to not put things off anymore. i need to schedule things better. but i'm not so concerned with a blog. i mean, it's a blog.

what's new??